The Big Barker Miniature Orthopedic Dog Bed Review
The 4 lb., Big Barker miniature orthopedic dog bed is ideal for small and medium-sized dogs, typically those that weigh between 20 and 50 pounds. Big Barker provides a ten-year guarantee- promising that its memory-foam will maintain at least 90% of its shape and feel, or your money back.
This is an American-made product, not a cheap Chinese knockoff, so you can rest assured that the quality will be up to par for your pets needs, whether you own a Bull Terrier or a Bassett Hound. It comes in 2 sizes- a small size that measures 27" x 18" and a medium-size that measures 33" x 21".
It also comes in three different colors: burgundy, chocolate and khaki. The cover zips off for easy cleaning- so if your Australian Shepherd dirties it gnawing on a milk bone, you can always give it a quick wash.
Remember to measure your dog prior to purchase- or use a handy online sizing calculator.
The Big Barker Mininature Orthopedic Dog Bed Review
What do users say?
Users are highly pleased with the Big Barker orthopedic dog bed, saying that it maintains its shape over time, that it is easy to clean, and that it provides comfortable support for arthritic dogs. One user purchased the small sized dog bed for their 25 pound beagle- saying that it is a comfortable fit and its suede surface matches her home decor nicely.
The Big Barker Mini Orthopedic dog bed was specially designed for small to medium sized dogs and will give your dog the even support it needs. This will relieve pain caused by hip dysplasia and arthritis.
The mattress has 2-inch support foam on the bottom and a 2-inch comfort foam on the top with a 2.5-inch contoured foam pillow.
- 4-inch foam mattress with a 2.5-inch contoured foam pillow.
- 100 % microfiber cover, shrink proof and tear resistant
- American made max 7 foam
- Toxin free, hypoallergenic, and filler free
- Handmade in the USA
- 10 year foam breakdown guarantee
- Sizes: Small and Medium
- Small: 27 x 18 x 4 inches ; weight 3 lbs
- Medium: 33.2 x 21.2 x 4 inches ; weight 4 lbs
- Colors available: Burgundy, Chocolate, Khaki
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
Big Barker Mini – 4″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed consists of: (1) A foam Mattress (2) Pillow (3) Outer cover
Mattress: Is made of two layers of foam the bottom layer is 2 inch thick H24 support foam and the top layer is made from 2 inch thick H10 comfort open cell foam
Pillow: Is 2.5 inch high and approx. 5-inch wide contoured foam
Outer cover: Is made from 100% microfiber with a suede look and comes in 3 colors: Burgundy, Chocolate, and Khaki.
The outer cover has a single stitch nylon zipper that run on 3 sides of the bed, along the pillow and the 2 sides to the foot of the bed.
SIZES AND SUITABILITY
To make sure you get the right size bed for your dog you can measure your dog from its rear end to the tip of its nose and add 5 to 8 inches, if you dog likes to curl up when laying you can get by with less.
Small 27 x 18 x 4 inches good for all toy size dogs
Medium 33 x 21 x 4 inches good for most medium breed dogs but to short for breeds like border collies
PROS AND CONS: WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY
- Open cell foam so the mattress does not allow your dog to over heat
- Expands to size fast
- Doesn’t smell to strong as some other beds
- 10 year mattress foam guarantee to keep its shape
- Very attractive and soft
- Cover easily zips off for cleaning
- Great customer service
- Sizes are a bit small as noted in size and suitability
- Foam doesn’t feel to be the same quality of the larger size big barker beds
- Waterproof liner not included (but are available here)
Big Barker Mini – 4″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed with Headrest pillow works great for small breed dogs and will stand up to the test of time with its 10 year foam breakdown guarantee. If your dog is a long med breed then you should get the large size big barker bed.
√ Big Barker Mini – 4″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed is suitable for:
- Toy size breeds and short medium breed dogs that like to lay down with head support.
x This bed may not be suitable for:
- Longer medium breed dogs and dogs that don’t like head support.
- More than one dog on the bed.